VISR Close [X]
VISR [Visual Intelligence System, Reconnaissance]
Many technologies initially developed for the MJOLNIR project have gained widespread adoption; the use of ceramic-titanium composites for body armor and helmet-integrated neural interfaces being the most visible. The ODST helmet is issued with the VISR proprietary data management suite. VISR enables a user to link into UEG, CAA, and UNSC infrastructure systems at the local, national, and global levels (actual access level is administered on a need/rating basis). This allows the user to store and review audio files (up to 610MB combined), street level navigational data, and receive secure real-time mission data. In addition, every current issue helmet is equipped with low-light vision enhancement [ODST BIOS A29.817941B.01 or later].
• Sizes available: 6.5 — 8 (.125 increments)
• Sound attenuation: 21 db @ 1,000Hz, 37 db @ 4,000 Hz
• Impact deceleration: V—190g @ 17 fps; H—190g @ 20 fps
• Penetration protection: 1.8 kg @ 1.5 m (4 lbs @ 5 ft)
• Weight (average): 1.9 kg (4.2 lbs)
Unit cost: 1926 cR.